Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This i believe

What I believe
Thursday June24,

What I believe in is that if you’re going through hell keep on going. My philosophy is that when you’re having a bad day just let the day pass by because the next day will always be a new beginning. I believe that when you have something good to do and have no time for it just do it because you might never have that opportunity again. When my uncle died I didn’t know what to do, he always had me outside with him doing stuff but when he died I never wanted to do that kind of stuff anymore.

But when the opportunity comes to do something that you can’t is the time for you to try it. My brother liked baseball and when my uncle died he started to play more ball with me. We just started by playing catch and then he signed me up for a little league team. When I started to play I didn’t know a thing about how to play baseball. They stuck me in the outfield and I never could catch a fly ball to save my life.

For a while I wanted to quit but my brother said uncle never quit when he played ball. And I thought of something after my brother said that I want to keep playing. So I kept playing through the good times and the bad. As I’m getting older I still think about what my brother said and that keeps me going as I play baseball. I believe in that even though something bad happens that changes your life even though it’s hard to change what happened in the past you can always look forward to the future.

My name is Nicholas maulson I love to play baseball I now play first base and right field. My older brother is named Dennis maulson he is still coaching me to play baseball and I love him like my father. I’m better at catching a fly ball and I’m hitting a .238 average for my team right now. So I’m grateful to have a family that love’s me and helps me through the bad times.

By: Nick maulson

1 comment:

  1. Very strong piece, Nick. You illustrated your belief really well with the story about your uncle and baseball. I got a lot out of the piece. You are a writer.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete